11 Dec How to Maintain White Teeth for the Holidays
The holidays are here, and that means social gatherings, family, food, and don’t forget the mistletoe! However, before you pucker up or say smile, make sure your mouth is looking its best. You don’t want to have bad breath or stained teeth, but who can resist those delectable treats! Luckily enough there are ways to enjoy the holidays, without sacrificing your bright smile.
This holiday season, ditch the Photoshop and keep those teeth white by checking out these simple tips that will help you keep your pearly white teeth bright for the holidays.
1. Try your best to avoid dark liquids, such as juice, soda, coffee, and wine. Dark liquids can stain your teeth, so limit your consumption.
2. If you do decide to indulge in dark liquids, drink them through a straw, so they are less likely to stain your teeth. Just remember to rinse your mouth with water when you are finished!
3. This holiday, aim for the healthy snacks, instead of the sugary sweets. If you can’t resist, make sure to limit your intake. Your teeth and your stomach will thank you for it.
4. Keep a portable cleaning kit handy. You don’t necessarily need a toothbrush or toothpaste, items such as mouthwash and dental floss are great to have handy for a quick freshen up.
5. Pack some sugarless gum. Chewing gum can stimulate the flow of saliva, which can help wash away plaque and food particles from your teeth.
6. Don’t rely on the chewing gum or water alone to keep your teeth clean. After the festivities are over, make sure you properly brush and floss your teeth.